Marney DeFoore LCSW-S
Marney DeFoore was born in the United Kingdom and was raised in Texas. He returned to Europe serving in the US Navy before beginning a health care career in 1983 back at home in Texas where he practices today as a Licensed Clinical Social Work Supervisor (LCSW-S).
Early in his professional career, Marney worked in hospitals gaining experience in clinical program management in chemical dependence, individual counseling and psychiatric treatment, mental health benefit management, utilization review, employee assistance, and pharmaceutical research as a coordinator of clinical trials studying the disease of Schizophrenia.
In 1998, Marney moved to San Antonio, Texas where he began private practice as a psychotherapist and business consultant. Today, Marney is happily married and owns and operates DeFoore Consulting, LLC where his primary service is an “Intensive” approach to personal and professional development for Individuals, Couples, Families and Business. Marney also offers traditional counseling and coaching services.
Marney's work is based on the principle that every person, made in the image of God, has the ability to change.
- Transactional Analysis
- Redecision Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Marney holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Texas in Denton, and is an honors graduate with a Master of Social Work degree from the Worden School of Social Service at Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, Texas, and post-graduate studies at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
- University of Texas Southwestern’s St. Paul University Hospital
- Seay Behavioral Health Center, at Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- Charter Hospital of Dallas/Fort Worth
- Bowling Green Hospital of Dallas
- Baylor-Parkside Lodge of Dallas/Fort Worth
- Covenant Behavioral Health
- Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, and
- Private Practice development at Consultant Services
- Redecision Therapy Association - Founding Charter Member, Diplomat and first President, (2004 - 2007)
- Phi Alpha National Honor Society - Lifetime Associate Member
Areas of focus
- Addiction Recovery
- Blended Family Issues
- Civilian and Military Leadership Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Divorce Recovery
- Everyday Life Stressors
- Family Transition Issues
- Grief Issues
- Marital Separation
- Marriage Counseling
- Second Marriages
- Self re-parenting
- Step Family Issues
- Stress Management